PAMELIA J. LEONARD was living in Brookline, Massachusetts, when she was healed of a chronic problem through Christian Science treatment. In 1886, she had two courses of instruction in Christian Science with Mrs. Eddy at the Massachusetts Metaphysical College, and a third in 1888. In subsequent years, much of her activity as a Christian Scientist was centered in Brooklyn, New York, where she incorporated the Brooklyn Institute of Christian Science in 1886. An advertisement for the institute in The Christian Science Journal for November of that year indicated that in addition to her role as Principal of the institute, Pamelia was also a practitioner and teacher. Pamelia Leonard was instrumental in organizing Sunday services in the city, and in helping establish First Church of Christ, Scientist, Brooklyn. She also served in Mrs. Eddy’s Pleasant View home for short periods over several years.