JUDGE WILLIAM G. EWING of Chicago, Illinois, a man of keen intellect, was a member of the Illinois Bar, the U.S. attorney for the northern district of Illinois for four years (1885 to 1890), and for six years Judge of the Superior Court for Cook County in that state. He became interested in Christian Science in 1884, when he was healed of an illness pronounced incurable by the medical community, when death seemed imminent. In 1899, Judge Ewing became a member of The Mother Church, and that same year began serving on the Christian Science Board of Lectureship at the invitation of Mrs. Eddy. He traveled throughout the United States and abroad as a Christian Science lecturer, making the first overseas lecture tour of Great Britain in 1902. Judge Ewing devoted his full time to lecture work until 1910.