MARY E. DUNBAR and her husband, HERBERT L. DUNBAR, were active workers for the cause of Christian Science after Mary’s healing of lifelong ill health. In May 1887, she and Herbert took Primary class with Mrs. Eddy at the Massachusetts Metaphysical College, and the following month Mr. Dunbar entered the public practice of Christian Science. He was first listed in Providence, Rhode Island, then two months later in Topeka, Kansas. By December, both Mr. and Mrs. Dunbar were jointly listed in The Christian Science Journal under Kansas City, Missouri. After taking Normal class with Mrs. Eddy in 1899, Mrs. Dunbar began to teach in 1919 and continued teaching until 1928. From time to time, when Mrs. Eddy was living at Pleasant View, her home in Concord, New Hampshire, Mary Dunbar went there to help with dressmaking.